« When do I become an LPR (aka green card holder) after my immigrant visa? | Main | Should I apply for U.S. Citizenship? »

FAQ'S about I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary

Earlier this year, USCIS issued Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary.

When do you have to file an I-130A?

If you are filing an I-130 Petition for a Spouse, an I-130A must be filed.  (I-130A is not required for other types of I-130 Petitions.)

What is the purpose of the I-130A?

The I-130A is intended to replace the accompanying Form G-325A, Biographic Information, that needed to be filed for marriage based I-130's.  It asks mostly the same information as was previously requested on the G-325A.

Is there an additional filing fee for the I-130A?

No.  The I-130A is supplemental to the I-130 filing and does not require a separate filing fee.

Who signs the I-130A?

The I-130 Beneficiary (foreign national spouse) signs the I-130A, if they are in the U.S.  If the I-130 is filed while the I-130 Beneficiary is outside the U.S., the I-130A does not need to be signed by the I-130 Beneficiary. 



PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend